When your child has a birthday coming up and you are at a loss as to what gift to buy, then choosing the best toddler scooter for kids is definitely something you should consider. Children spend many hours a day being active, often with something that grabs their attention and gives them pleasure. There are 3 wheel scooters available for kids of all ages, many made from tough, long-lasting safe and non-toxic materials, able to take plenty of punishment while kids ride them around.
Our Top Picks
| || |
| || |
Scooters for Kids
| || |
| || |
| || |
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- Features to look for when buying the best toddler scooter
- Things to keep in mind when looking to buy the best toddler scooter for kids
- Toddler Scooter types
- Best Toddler Scooter 2020
- Join the Non-Toxic Community
- 2. Scooters for Kids Toddler Scooter
- The Bottom Line
Features to look for when buying the best toddler scooter
Make sure that the best toddler scooter has a removable seat and adjustable height, to suit your kid as he grows. Make sure too, that it is a tough and durable design, made from a lightweight material that will keep your child safe.
Things to keep in mind when looking to buy the best toddler scooter for kids
Go for a model that is easy to assemble and a steering feature that helps to keep your kid safe when navigating those sharp and dangerous corners. It should also have a braking system that gives your child complete control when riding his 3 wheel scooter.
Toddler Scooter types
There are many types of toddler scooters for kids available on the market, which could make it kind of difficult for you when it comes to choosing best toddler scooter for your child as a birthday present. The key types are:
- 3 wheel scooters
- 2 wheel scooters
- Pro scooters
- Electric scooter
- Off-road scooter
- Caster scooter
Following are 6 models, considered by many to be the best 3 wheel scooters available today, which should make it easier for you to choose the one that you feel would suit your child best.
Best Toddler Scooter 2020
Made in the USA, this model has a foldable and removable seat, as well as adjustable height, and is ideal for boys and girls from 2 to 12 years of age. A kick scooter, the Skiddee has three wheels with funky LED lights that light up while the child is riding it around. Overall, a great little boys or girls 3 wheel scooter that all kids love! It is sure to become their favorite toy from day one.
- Weight limit: from 44 pounds to 110 pounds
- Lean-to steering provides protection when navigating sharp turns
- Made from lightweight aluminum alloy
A zippy little ride, this toddler 3 wheel scooter is a Kick n Go model that will have your toddler riding around the neighborhood in absolute style! With its three light-up wheels, this model, considered a best toddler scooter, is a great way for little boys and girls to learn how to ride a toy scooter.
Although the lean-type steering system is different from regular scooters, toddlers quickly get the idea of how it works on the toddler 3 wheel scooter and become adept in no time at all.
- Made from metal and extra-strong nylon material
- Rear brakes for speedy stopping
- T-bar can be extended from 14.5 inches to 24 inches, making the ride a lot easier for tall children
If you’re looking for girls 3 wheel scooter for children from age 3 to teens of 14, then this is the one for you! One of the features of the Beleev Kick Scooter, is that it has one small LED rear wheel and two big LED front wheels that flash so brightly, that they can even be easily seen during daylight hours!
- No batteries needed since lights are motion activated!
- This best toddler scooter has a durable, wide, non-slip deck
- 4 Adjustable height options
Great for toddlers or bigger kids, boys or girls. The Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter is on the list as onr of the best toddler 3 wheel scooters because of its extra-wide deck, flashing wheels, and adjustable height. This model provides children with the quietest, smoothest ride. The adjustable seat gives a safe and comfortable sit-on ride. However, it can be removed later when the child is more confident and wants to switch to scoot mode.
- The aluminum alloy frame, together with parts made from stainless steel, will withstand years of abuse from children
- Has an extra-wide deck to accommodate both feet
- Wheels light up in a variety of different colors
A great 3 wheel scooter and all children aged 2 to 5. The 6KU 3 Wheels Kick Scooter for Kids has a small rear wheel and 2 big front wheels that light up when they are turning. This is a feature adds to all the fun that kids are having while they ride.
- Handlebar that can be adjusted from 23 to 30 inches above the ground – perfect for children as they grow bigger
- Deck that is low to the ground so kids can hop on and off easily
- A large aluminum reinforced foot brake on the rear wheel that stops the scooter quickly and safely
- Bonus Accessories for the best toddler 3 wheel scooter
The Bottom Line
A helmet and other safety gear are a MUST to ride a toddler 3 wheel scooter. Also look for bonus accessories like 3D stickers or travel bag for the scooter, when you buy one for your child.
With the above list of the best 3 wheel scooter for kids available on the market today, there is little doubt that you will choose the best toddler scooter that suits your child. A toddler 3 wheel scooter could likely become one of their favorite toys for many years to come!
Read next about the best wooden balance bikes for toddlers.
Shobita created Parenthood Guide back in 2015 after she found out the hard way about toxins in many safe looking baby products. She’s an architect, researcher, writer and mum of two strong-willed little humans. Ever since she found out she was pregnant, she has been extensively researching natural, safe, organic and non-toxic products for her children. Now she wants to take you along on this non-toxic journey and share her findings of the best and safest baby products out there.